Focal Point
WebFocus Newbie

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8711047762

January 23, 2008, 08:31 PM
Anant
WebFocus Newbie
Hello,

I am working for a large company as Financial Analyst. I have in-depth knowledge of VBA/Excel/Access and have been assigned the role of WebFocus report designing for various teams for my company.

I am new to WebFocus and need to read a few books, articles etc on the subject. Could someone please guide me in this direction.

Thanks
Anant
January 24, 2008, 04:58 AM
GamP
Anant,
You could of course start with reading some of the documents that come with the installation package of WebFOCUS. There should be a documentation CD included.
Apart from that, there is a host of documentation available on the IBI website, most of it is downloadable in PDF format.
And, if you still have the drive to continue after reading your way through all these manuals, there are two comprehensive books, one dealing with almost every keyword in (Web)FOCUS, the other with treating date fields.

I would advise to try and get your manager to send you to a starter-course, followed by one or more advanced course(s).

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
January 24, 2008, 09:04 AM
GinnyJakes
Here are a few specific ones to start with:

"Creating Reports with the WebFOCUS Language"
"Developing Reporting Applications"
"Using Functions"

Download the ones for your release from the website if you can't find the doc CD.

Happy reading!

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
January 24, 2008, 09:34 AM
PBrightwell
Check this website, although IBI doesn't have any training in New Dehli, they do have e-training.

http://education.informationbuilders.com/edu/toc.html

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
January 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
WIL
Anant,
Your best bet is those documents that Gamp refered to you online. They are pdf document and I think they help a lot. I am aslo a newbie in WebFocus and cannot any book outhere that teach WebFocus. The report painter tool is a good starter course to take.
Good Luck!
WIL

WebFocus5.2.1/Unix
January 27, 2008, 11:29 PM
Anant
Thank you all for replying to my query.

Regards
Anant

Regards,
Anant

WebFOCUS 7
Windows