Focal Point
Save PDF Report as...

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8731067092

July 07, 2008, 02:20 PM
shravan
Save PDF Report as...
Hi all,

Currently when I save a PDF report, it is saved as "WFServlet.pdf" (by default). Is there a way to save a PDF report as "ReportName.pdf" by default ?

Thanks.

Shravan

7.7.03, Windows 7, SQL Server 2005
July 07, 2008, 03:12 PM
Sayed
How are you saving the report? By right click? or just run the report and save to server folder?

example:

FILEDEF SK DISK C:\Temp\SKPDF.PDF

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS 'SK' FORMAT PDF
END

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
July 07, 2008, 03:29 PM
shravan
User is given choice to run the report as html / PDF / Excel / Active report. When user runs the report as PDF, he / she wants to save it on his / her computer. When they click on the save button (floppy disk icon), by default the report is saved as "WFServlet.pdf". Instead they want to save it as "XYZ.pdf" (by default).

XYZ = Report Name

July 07, 2008, 04:00 PM
<Naak>
Hi,
I agree with sayed, its working.
Use filedef command to save the output of your procedure and mention the path where it has to save.

try this example

FILEDEF XYZ DISK C:\ibi\apps\XYZ.PDF (APPEND
TABLE FILE EMPDATA
PRINT
MIDINITIAL
DIV
DEPT
SALARY
HEADING
""
FOOTING
""
WHERE DIV EQ '&DIV.(,,,,).DIV.';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS 'XYZ' FORMAT PDF
-*ON TABLE SAVE AS 'XYZ'
END
July 07, 2008, 04:43 PM
shravan
Naak,

Sorry, I was not clear. I don't want to save the file at some place when the report is run. I want the ability to save the Report(using the save button [floppy disk icon]) as "Report Name.pdf" (by default) AFTER the report is run in PDF format.

July 07, 2008, 05:10 PM
Sayed
Does this work outside of Active Report? Can you upload the focexec? I do not have Active report license to create a sample.

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
July 07, 2008, 10:06 PM
dhagen
shravan,

Take a look at this. If you change the JS entries to look for .pdf instead of .xht, then rebuild the url as "/ibi_apps/ReportName.pdf?...", then change the filter-mapping to *.pdf, then you will get what you are asking for.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott