Focal Point
[Solved]WF Maintain -- The Data Value Exceeds Its Length Specification for SQLMSS MFD

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8737064906

September 08, 2011, 03:58 PM
John_Edwards
[Solved]WF Maintain -- The Data Value Exceeds Its Length Specification for SQLMSS MFD
I'm getting the error shown above for a SQL*Server master file when I attempt to edit fields in the WF Maintain Development Environment. These same master files work in other Maintain units, so I'm completely perplexed.

All the tickets and forum discussions I see on this error seem to pertain to flat files, but there are SQL*Server masters, and I'm not trying to get data. I'm just trying to use them to develop Maintain screens. Has anyone else ever seen this?

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

September 09, 2011, 04:25 AM
Alan B
John

I have seen this before, with date fields as I recollect.

Any chance of seeing mfd and mnt code?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
September 09, 2011, 01:43 PM
John_Edwards
MFD is this:

FILENAME=LKP_INS_PAYMENT_TYPE, SUFFIX=SQLMSS  , $
  SEGMENT=LKP_INS_PAYMENT_TYPE, SEGTYPE=S0, $
    FIELDNAME=INS_PAYMENT_TYPE_KEY, ALIAS=Ins_Payment_Type_Key, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4, $
    FIELDNAME=INS_PAYMENT_TYPE, ALIAS=Ins_Payment_Type, USAGE=A35V, ACTUAL=A35V, $

The Maintain Code is massive. This stuff all used to work, so I don't know why it's suddenly decided to be so ornery. These same master files work for other files so it doesn't make any sense.

It's failing every master file that the Maintain file uses. Very frustrating -- a five minute change has now racked up six hours of effort with no progress.

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

September 09, 2011, 02:30 PM
Maintain Wizard
Could it be a V at the end of the A35V?

Is the database an AnV or just an An? Did something change in the EDASPROF? There are settings to turn off the variable length fields. Could that have changed?

Mark
September 09, 2011, 02:54 PM
John_Edwards
Jeeze.

The name of the subdirectory the Maintain file was being designed within was 50 characters long, which apparently is a few too long. My coworker put his initials on the end of the subdirectory name so we'd know who made it and that put it over the top.

Don't know what the upper limit is for that subdirectory name, but it's between 46 and 50.

So this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Maintain file or the Master files, it was the name of the subdirectory the files were sitting inside.

J.