Focal Point
reportcast HTML form w/ graphs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8741048512

March 01, 2007, 01:56 PM
Jason K.
reportcast HTML form w/ graphs
I'm running a fex that contains an HTML form that displays graphs using the "reference existing procedure" functionality of the html layout painter.

When I use reportcaster to send the output in email attachment, the graphs just come up as blank.

Any ideas? Our salesman said something about "people usually use PDF's for this kind of thing" but I prefer the html if possible.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
March 01, 2007, 02:20 PM
BlueZone
Jason :
There are limitations to using Graphs via Report caster, espcially if the WF Client and WF reporting servers are on different platforms.

This topic has been discussed in detail here before. Please search on 'Graph" and you will find what you are looking for.

Sandeep Mamidenna.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music
March 01, 2007, 02:23 PM
Jason K.
after searching, you're right. I guess this is a limitation of the tool.

Thank you for your patience. I guess we'll just have to use the clunky PDF's after all.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
March 01, 2007, 02:31 PM
BlueZone
Been there & felt the pain too Jason. Took us a while to understand - "The saga of the Missing Graph" when it first happened to us a few months back.

Glad to be of assistance and maybe save some of your time.

Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music