Focal Point
[SOLVED] Button sets amper var - what am I missing?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8747081986

February 02, 2018, 08:25 AM
Don Garland
[SOLVED] Button sets amper var - what am I missing?
Trying to do this in the GUI without hand coding HTML.

Working with an HTML Doc as a parameter screen in the top panel of a portal page (Buttons and Date Range as shown below). The bottom panel of the page is a simple chart (not shown).

The idea;
1.Set the dates
2.Select a button and refresh the portal page, the button sets a variable indicating which option was clicked on, costs or counts.

Mechanics;
1. Edit boxes for the date range. These are working fine, passing the variables in the refresh.
2. Buttons, each having a button_onclick event. The onclick javascript sets a variable using a hidden input tied to a variable (as shown below) to set a variable. On the refresh, the chart picks up that variable.
3. Chart has a DECODE and sets the aggregation FIELD.

Is there something missing with this scenario?

PARAMETER SCREEN

JAVASCRIPT

DECODE
-SET &METRIC_TOT_FIELD  = DECODE &SELECTION_ID (patientcosts INVOICEDAMOUNT patientcount RXCOUNT);

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Garland,

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
February 02, 2018, 08:55 AM
Don Garland
Cleared the Report Server cache and removed customization from the portal and it's working.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
February 03, 2018, 12:21 AM
Doug
I was just about to reply with a "Call me" in the (late) morning when I saw this...
quote:
Cleared the Report Server cache and removed customization from the portal and it's working.
I guess you got it... Nice work Man. Smiler