Focal Point
Drill-down on report detail

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8791098331

September 20, 2005, 03:39 PM
smkt591
Drill-down on report detail
I have a report that shows, for example, the number of car types sold each month. Can you drill down on individual numbers in a report (a specific car type for a specific month) and not just the car type column? If so, how?
September 20, 2005, 04:05 PM
codermonkey
The Creating Reports manula has a couple of chapters on Stylesheets. You should try and get to the IBI documentation site and download the version for your WF release. If it is a TABLE FILE without any ACROSS statements, use:
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=column_name, FOCEXEC=fex_name, etc...

If you have an ACROSS you will have to use different stylesheet options (ACROSSVALUE, etc.) It's all in the Creating Reports manual.
September 20, 2005, 04:07 PM
<Steve Cowell>
Not quite sure what you mean. What you appear to be describing is what happens by default. When you specify the drill down against a column, it will use the selected value of the row/column intersection as your next selection criteria. Can you give us an example please?
Steve C
September 20, 2005, 04:16 PM
Mickey
From what I understand I think smkt591 is trying to enable drill down for a particular value of row/column combination. Example: drill down on Country=England and Seats=4.

If my assumption is right, one option would be to compute a flag when the condition is true and use that flag in the stylesheet.
COMPUTE FLG/A1 = 
IF COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' AND SEATS EQ 4 THEN 'Y'
ELSE 'N';
You can then use this value in the style sheet

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=SEATS, FOCEXEC=TEST(), WHEN=FLG EQ 'Y', $
Hope that helps
M

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
September 20, 2005, 05:26 PM
k.lane
Something to consider is that if you need to use a computed field, you'll probably want to NOPRINT it. A computed field would be required in this case for example if you have multiple conditions that you need to check such as country and seats.

However, if you just want to have the different values to have drill capability, the following will also work:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY CAR
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=SALES, FOCEXEC=test, WHEN=CAR EQ 'BMW',$
ENDSTYLE
END

Ken
September 21, 2005, 07:44 AM
susannah
absolutely, susan! this is one of the coolest things about webfocus, your entire table can be 'hot';
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SEATS
BY CAR
BY MONTH
then the dd is
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=SEATS,FOCEXEC=fex2(MYCAR=CAR,MYMONTH=MONTH),$
then you will have identified to fex2 that you want to filter on both
IF CAR EQ &MYCAR
IF MONTH EQ &MYMONTH
in your dd report. Focus will pass whatever field values for car and month are in the same output record that you click on.
-*fex2
-DEFAULT &MYCAR='$*' ;
-DEFAULT &MYMONTH='$*';
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM REVENUE
IF CAR IS &MYCAR
IF MONTH IS &MONTH
END