Focal Point
[SOLVED] Selecting records only for Current Year

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8797030536

December 05, 2013, 03:52 PM
TRue
[SOLVED] Selecting records only for Current Year
I'm thinking this should be really simple, but...
I want to schedule a report I've created to run for the current year's info.
I've tried a few different forulas to return the current year, but can't seem to add them to the report filter successfully.
I've tried using the Command Reference Help (http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/CommandRef/index.htm) to find the right formula, but in InfoAssist I'm getting errors and arguments if I try to create a Define, such as with the TODAY function.
What's the simplest way to define or compute today's year and then filter the report by it?
Right now I have a filter set that is literal - WHERE Year EQ 2013. I just want 2013 to change when we reach 2014.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

InfoAssist only - Version: 7703
Windows 7
Excel and PDF outputs
December 06, 2013, 07:31 AM
Tom Flynn
WHERE YEAR EQ '&DATEYY';

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
December 06, 2013, 08:13 AM
Twanette
Hi,
As per Tom's example:
There are a number of "system" amper variables available to you e.g.
&DATEYY would show 2013
&YYMD would show 20131206
&MDYY would show 06122013

In InfoAssist these could be used in a DEFINE e.g.
You could create a new DEFINE field with a format of I4, and make it equal to the value &DATEYY

Or, in InfoAssist, using the Advanced Filter option, specify &DATEYY as the constant value.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server
December 06, 2013, 08:17 AM
Luiz De Assis
TRue,

Just create a define (format YY) that is equals to the amper variable &MDYY. For instance:

DEFINE CURYR/YY = &MDYY;

Then use it in the where statement:
WHERE YEAR EQ CURYR
December 09, 2013, 06:09 PM
TRue
"Or, in InfoAssist, using the Advanced Filter option, specify &DATEYY as the constant value."

This worked. Thank you Twanette.

When I tried the define of CurrentyYear/YY = &MDYY I got an error message about an invalid date constant when I tried to save the new field.
When I tried changing the &MDYY to &DATEYY I was able to save the new field and add it to my filter section -where AddedOn = CurrentYear. It didn't argue with me, but it produced no records when run.

Either way, thanks everyone, because I didn't know I could use amper variables in this very direct way. Handy. Good One

InfoAssist only - Version: 7703
Windows 7
Excel and PDF outputs