Focal Point
[SOLVED] Resize HTML Launch Page on Load

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/880105551

June 18, 2009, 05:32 PM
<Wayne White>
[SOLVED] Resize HTML Launch Page on Load
I have found a couple of different examples to resize my HTML Page onload, but can't figure out where to put the code in the HTML. When the resize code works, my Dynamic Parameter Boxes created by XML Queries do not populate.

I know this doesn't make any sense, but the boxes populate fine until I insert the resize code & then they don't.

What I am using is;
onload=self.resizeTo(690,650);self.moveTo(10,10);

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
June 18, 2009, 05:39 PM
Francis Mariani
I don't work with html generated by the DevStudio layout tool, but adding the onLoad event handler to the body tag probably breaks an OnLoad event handler hidden in one of the IBI JavaScript functions somewhere

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 19, 2009, 05:01 AM
Alan B
The best way to achieve this is to add the onInitialUpdate() function, after the window_onload() function, which is stated within the HTML.

function onInitialUpdate() {
self.resizeTo(690,650);self.moveTo(10,10)
}

Adding another onload will stop/interfere with the standard onload functionality.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
June 19, 2009, 09:19 AM
<Wayne White>
Thanks. You were both correct. I added the function suggested & the page opens (not resized) and then resizes as soons as the parameter boxes populate.