Focal Point
[CLOSED]Clustered Master Join joining all tables instead of just the requested tables

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8857005086

January 28, 2016, 05:44 PM
eric.woerle
[CLOSED]Clustered Master Join joining all tables instead of just the requested tables
I'm in the process of evaluating WF8105 and imported my metadata over to validate what I was expecting to be improvements in the Oracle SQL adapter. First thing I noticed before I could check for things like lead() and lag(), was that it issued the joins for the ENTIRE clustered master join. In 8008, the adapter would only join the 15 tables or so needed for the request. In 8105, its joining all 100+ tables together.

Has anyone seen this yet? is there a new setting I don't know about that controls this?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
January 29, 2016, 09:00 AM
BabakNYC
I have to create a cluster in Oracle to test it but, I do have a cluster in SQL Server and when I look at the trace for a TABLE request against the cluster where I only reference a field from one of the tables the SELECT shows only that table and there's no join. I'm doing this in 8105.

UPDATE:
I just created a cluster with 3 tables in Oracle and got the same results. Only the tables with data being referenced are showing up in the SQL Join.

I didn't see a new setting for JOIN in the new features manual. You might have to reach out to tech support to show them your example.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows