Focal Point
[CLOSED] Problem with Passing Date Format from a Calendar

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8857005926

March 15, 2013, 06:38 AM
Mayank Agrawal
[CLOSED] Problem with Passing Date Format from a Calendar
Hi,
I am using a calendar and passing the date in DD/MM/YYYY format through a VARIABLE.
In our one environment the code is working fine, but when I copied the same HTML file in another environment it is not working.

At that time dates are getting passed from calendar to FEX file in DDMMYYYY format instead of DD/MM/YYYY.
Can you please suggest what could be the issue.

I compared the HTML code, but code is same. Still the problem persists.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

7.6.11, Windows
Excel, HTML,PDF
March 18, 2013, 06:02 AM
Trilochan
Hi Mayank Agrawal,

Calendar date format should be like
  ibiformat="DMYY"
for DD/MM/YYYY.

If still problem are there share you HTML code that you have used.

WebFOCUS 7.6.1
Windows, All Outputs
March 20, 2013, 09:56 AM
JeffZ
We also experience this problem with the calendar object not passing the date with slashes as expected.
Our solution is to check the date on the way in and set a new variable to be passed as follows:
-SET &NEWDATE = IF EDIT(&INDATE,'$$9') = '/' THEN &INDATE ELSE EDIT(&INDATE,'99/99/9999');

Good luck.

WebFocus 7.6.11
Windows
Sybase & SQL Server
March 21, 2013, 08:38 AM
jgelona
Mayank andJeffZ, we had the same issue. Check your client release level. Development was passing a date with slashes and production didn't. Found out it was a HotFix issue. Production was missing HotFix 5 for 7.6.11.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
March 21, 2013, 08:54 AM
Doug
Good Catch John... What more can we say about HotFixes? Keep them up to date and in-sync!