Focal Point
[CLOSED]501 ; Reason: Not Implemented

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8867040486

September 27, 2016, 02:30 PM
[CLOSED]501 ; Reason: Not Implemented
Hi,
When trying to connect to Salesforce using Salesforce.com adapter, received the below error.

501 ; Reason: Not Implemented

We are able to login through browser successfully with the credentials. But not able to through DM.

Is there any setting should be checked at Salesforce end? Please advise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
September 28, 2016, 10:58 AM
Clif
It's not quite the same. To log in to sfdc on the web you just need a valid email address and password. For any application that uses the API like DM you need to enable access from sfdc.

Also when you configure the adapter and add a connection you must concatenate a security token to your password.

Please check that you are using Release 7.7.06M so that you have support for the latest API and security from sfdc.

N/A
September 28, 2016, 02:10 PM
Hi Clif,
Yes we use Password+Securitytoken to login via API and yes, we use latest DM version.

I checked in the Salesforce that the user we are trying to login via DM has "API Enabled". Is there any other settings to be checked? Or is there any limitation in DM on number of connections. Because, we have already 2 Salesforce.com adapter connections in use and this issue is with 3rd connection.

Please suggest and Thanks for your time on this.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
September 29, 2016, 10:38 AM
Clif
The error message doesn't appear to be an sfdc error. It doesn't make sense to me in this context. If you Google it you'll see what I mean, most hits refer to an HTTP error.

However the SALESFORCE URL you specify uses HTTPS. In 7.7.06 we default to the API release 23.0, but we've had customers tell us that they were able to use 29.0 in that release.

One other thing to check is the version of TLS (Transport Layer Security) that you are using. It should be TLS 1.2 since sfdc disabled support for TLS 1.1 earlier this year. That requires 7.7.06M gen 899 or later.

If none of this helps please open a hottrack case. Start your server with tracing enabled, try to connect. Then upload the savediag package to the case.

N/A