Focal Point
[SOLVED] Saving a Dashboard

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8887016726

January 04, 2013, 02:34 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
[SOLVED] Saving a Dashboard
Dear All, Greetings and wish you all a happy and prosperous new year 2013. Smiler

We are currently developing a dashboard using HTML composer with some input selection options, data tables, some charts and graphs. The clients are looking for an option to save the entire dashboard as a PDF or Excel file. Is there a way to do this. Below is the sample mockup of what we are going to develop, and clicking on the save button should save the entire dashboard as a PDF or Excel file with all the data and graphs.

Is there a way to do this? Any ideas to this is really helpful and much appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5
January 04, 2013, 09:49 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
quote:
Any ideas to this is really helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5
January 04, 2013, 10:05 AM
Francis Mariani
If this is possible at all, the only method would be to use the Document Composer, and add a format control:

quote:
The Document Composer enables you to design reports, and to coordinate and distribute layouts made up of multiple reports and graphs in a single document. You can position reports and graphs Composer anywhere on a single page or combine a series of layouts within a single document.

When creating compound reports from the Document Composer, PDF, HTML, active report, PowerPoint, Excel, active PDF, and active Flash output formats are available.

Take a look at the documentation: Creating Compound Reports With Document Composer 7.7.03

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 05, 2013, 05:14 AM
FrankDutch
With a screen capture program like snagit that is how some ppl at my office solved this.
The manager ordered the secretary to print a screen every week and use it on a meeting.
I suggested to build a compound PDF but this screen capture was good enough she said

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7