Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] (FOC952) NO MATCH IS FOUND FOR THE FIELD OF MAIN REQUEST

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] (FOC952) NO MATCH IS FOUND FOR THE FIELD OF MAIN REQUEST
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

I came across an error for which I didn't find ANY documentation (not really surprised...) The first code snippet runs without problem, but the second one gives this error: (FOC952) NO MATCH IS FOUND FOR THE FIELD OF MAIN REQUEST
The two parts are really similar and I have no idea why it bugs on the second part. Help anyone?

This works:

-SET &V_CONUM2 = 0;
-SET &TRTDAT02 = '20000101';

TABLE FILE BI_AR_GETACRAMT
BY 'BI_AR_GETACRAMT.INPUT.I_CIE'
BY 'BI_AR_GETACRAMT.INPUT.I_TRTDAT'
SUM 'BI_AR_GETACRAMT.ANSWERSET1.AMT'
WHERE (I_CIE EQ &V_CONUM2) AND (I_TRTDAT EQ '&TRTDAT02') AND (I_CTR EQ 100);
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS BI_GLOBAL_TABLE FORMAT FOCUS INDEX 'BI_AR_GETACRAMT.INPUT.I_CIE'
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

-SET &V_I = 0;

-LOOP02

-IF &V_I GE &V_CNT GOTO ENDLOOP02;
-SET &V_I = &V_I + 1;
-REPEAT LOOP.G_BI FOR &V_CNT_PER FROM 1 TO &BI_TO_PER_&V_I.EVAL;
-SET &V_HLD01 = 'BI' | &V_I | &V_CNT_PER;

MORE
FILE &V_HLD01.EVAL

-LOOP.G_BI
-GOTO LOOP02;
-ENDLOOP02

END

This doesn't work:

TABLE FILE BI_AR_GETACRAMT
BY 'BI_AR_GETACRAMT.INPUT.I_CIE'
BY 'BI_AR_GETACRAMT.INPUT.I_TRTDAT'
SUM 'BI_AR_GETACRAMT.ANSWERSET1.AMT'
WHERE (I_CIE EQ &V_CONUM2) AND (I_TRTDAT EQ '&TRTDAT02') AND (I_CTR EQ 100);
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS AR_GLOBAL_TABLE FORMAT FOCUS INDEX I_CIE
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

-SET &V_I = 0;

-LOOP03

-IF &V_I GE &V_CNT GOTO ENDLOOP03;
-SET &V_I = &V_I + 1;
-REPEAT LOOP.G_AR FOR &V_CNT_PER FROM 1 TO &AR_TO_PER_&V_I.EVAL;
-SET &V_HLD01 = 'AR' | &V_I | &V_CNT_PER;

MORE
FILE &V_HLD01.EVAL

-LOOP.G_AR
-GOTO LOOP03;
-ENDLOOP03

END

Thanks in advance!
Fanfan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Add:
-SET &ECHO=ON;
-SET &STACK=OFF;

before the first TABLE FILE statement. That way you'll see which actual code is in the FOCSTACK after all your looping and many variables get resolved by Dialogue Manager, without actually running it.

Take that code from your browser, paste in a brand new .fex and start placing a -EXIT after each "major" step to help you find out where the error is.

You may also get rid of those .EVAL in there. They don't seem to be needed.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the hint! But it turns out I don't get the error anymore: I just found out that I was connecting to the wrong server, so it'S no surprise the field was not found! An other developper had modified the developping environment...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Great! Issues that need no fix ... that's the kind of errors I like Wink

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

posted Hide Post
But that's not the type of error I like spending time on! Mad