Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Graph styling different in compund PDF vs HTML output?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8907015706

July 27, 2011, 01:16 PM
Keith MacDonald
[CASE-OPENED] Graph styling different in compund PDF vs HTML output?
I've got two nice graphs that I've spent some time designing and style styling. They're set up on an html page as a dashboard - work very nice.

I've now added a PDF output button, which pops up a compound PDF document with the two graphs in it, as well as some images and text roughly similar to what's on the HTML page.

The problem is, the graphs are outputting differently into the PDF than they are to the HTML document. While the colouring/gradients on the graph itself are the same, the font styling is different, which is resulting in the graph looking kind of funny. Also it's interesting to note that when being put into a compound PDF, the graphs aren't coming in as a complete image as I would have expected - their text is selectable.

Is there some way to either affect the way the PDF is styling the text of the graph, or even render the graph into the pdf just as an image?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS & DataMigrator 7.7.03M
Windows 2003, Windows 2008 x64
August 02, 2011, 02:52 PM
Kerry
FYI, Keith has a case opened regarding this issue.

Keith, when you hear from the case, can you please keep us all posted? Thank you in advance for sharing.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
August 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
Keith MacDonald
As an update on this one-

Definitely the font that I was using was an issue (Calibri), switched that to Arial and things are mostly better. However the styling on the TITLE of the graph is still way out.

Still unsure why the image can't be embedded into the PDF - why the graph is rendered with real text.

WebFOCUS & DataMigrator 7.7.03M
Windows 2003, Windows 2008 x64