Focal Point
[CLOSED] Trial version of Webfocus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/891107671

July 10, 2009, 07:26 AM
leo_dec
[CLOSED] Trial version of Webfocus
Can anyone tell me is there anyway that i can get trial version of Webfous as i am working as WebFocus Consultant, i need to show my work to client, if anyone can help me.

Please reply ASAP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

webfocus 7.6.1, UNIX
Excel, HTML, PDF
July 10, 2009, 07:29 AM
GamP
There used to be a 30 day or 60 day trial version of DevStudio, I don't know if that is still available. It contains all you need to do your consulting business. As the book says: 'Contact your local IBI representative' to find out if this still is an active product.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
July 10, 2009, 08:34 AM
leo_dec
Thanks for your reply.....

I am not able to find any trial version of Developer studio on IBI site.... if u know the link please provide.

webfocus 7.6.1, UNIX
Excel, HTML, PDF
July 10, 2009, 05:33 PM
BlueZone
Like GamP says, please contact your local IBI office to even get a trial version. I am not sure if you can just download it directly from the website without the support rep's involvement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music
July 10, 2009, 06:09 PM
Doug
Trial copy? As in Free? I don't think that's around anymore... You should have some screen shots, at least, of your work if your're a consultant with tangible experience. I use that quite often... Even on my website...
July 11, 2009, 02:13 AM
<JG>
There are 60 and 90 day demo versions available; however these are not normally made available to individuals.

You can not access or download any IB software unless you are a licensed customer and have a current maintenance contract.

IB have never made demo/trial versions freely available and I doubt that they ever will.
In fact they will not normally sell Dev Studio unless the customer has a fully licensed
version of WebFOCUS, after all it is a development tool not a standalone system.

Your only option would be to have a very, very good relationship with your local IB
office manager and see if there is anything they are willing to do to help you out.
July 11, 2009, 11:09 AM
Doug
quote:
i need to show my work to client

The next best thing is to become a Business Partner or to gain access to someone who has what you need and to use THEIR WebFOCUS...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206