Focal Point
[CLOSED] IMS User program

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8917019206

April 28, 2011, 09:40 AM
dz
[CLOSED] IMS User program
Is it possible to call IMS/cobol program from Focus? If yes, is there anything special that needs to be done. Any help is appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
April 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
Waz
Yes.

Have you looked at the documentation ?

What version of FOCUS/WebFOCUS ?
What OS ?

Take a look at CALLPGM, or just an OS call.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

April 30, 2011, 01:37 AM
Baillecl
Bonjour,
Focus is very much opened to the non-Focus world. From User-Written Subroutines to Private Access Motor. From cooperating with MVS, TSO, ISPF, UNIX etc ... (Square etc...)
a tiny example being ( under MVS / TSO)
MVS CALL 'XX.YYYYY.LOAD(APPTRI)'.
Focusely and Cordially

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO
May 01, 2011, 09:54 PM
Jim Morrow
Two documents to look at are

User-written Subroutine Library Manual -- in the back it show the syntax for call other programs

With out knowing your intentions you might want to look at the Host Language Interface (HLI) manual.

Remember the is a mainframe interface for reading IMS/DB directly. It has been a while since I used it. It works quite nicely if the person creating the master understands FOCUS, IMS and the data base being read. You can also create your own "exit" to read data into FOCUS. I believe the key word would be SUFFIX=PRIVATE. -- I am at home and don't have a complete set of current documentation, so I can not check.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3