Focal Point
[CLOSED] DevStudio8 prompting for values where 7 did not

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8937060876

August 26, 2015, 12:03 PM
Amber
[CLOSED] DevStudio8 prompting for values where 7 did not
We recently upgraded from 7 to 8. With the many changes, one that is creating a problem is when an html passes values to a fex, but some are null/empty. 7 just accepted those as empty and ran the fex, where 8 now prompts for those null/empty values. I have been about to work around most by changing my creating another input and placing some javascript to copy if the value is present, else put a dummy character, and then removing the character in the fex. Until I encountered a calendar box. The javascript isn't recognizing the value for this type of input. Any ideas on either issue? If there a setting I'm missing that allows for the passing of nulls from the html to fex, or is there a way to copy the calendar box value to a text input? Thanks!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 768
OS/400
HTML, also quite a few active reports and excel.
August 26, 2015, 12:35 PM
Francis Mariani
Amber, I just finished resolving this very problem in a multi-select drop-down list.

In my case, the value is a blank not a null. To make it work I had to transform the blank to a value like '[Blank]' in the program that sets up data data from the drop-down list. Then in the fex I had to transform '[Blank' back to a blank. Strangely enough, I couldn't use '(Blank)' because for a multi-select drop-down list, if I select (Blank) quotes are not put around it.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 29, 2015, 12:46 PM
Rifaz
Francis, QUOTEDSTRING helps in this case instead of back to blank in the fex?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x