Focal Point
[CLOSED] Migration

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8947098776

August 18, 2015, 04:29 AM
Nagendra
[CLOSED] Migration
Can any one please let me know how to migrate reports from SSRS to Webfocus?

Kindly help me on this....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 19, 2015, 12:49 PM
sh98110
quote:
SSR

Nagenda, what is SSR?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 19, 2015, 04:29 PM
CoolGuy
Nagendra,

I am not aware of a way to migrate reports from SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to WebFocus. You will most likely have to recreate them in WebFocus within a configured environment. Are you really new to all this? Have you used WebFocus before as of yet?

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
August 20, 2015, 04:28 AM
Nagendra
hi, SH98110

I'm really sorry...Typo misatke.... SSRS(MSBI)

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 20, 2015, 04:33 AM
Nagendra
hi coolGuy,

yeah, i'm really new this environment....in my environment newly project came(webfocus8). Now we are trying to migrate reports from SSRS to webfocus.......

Kindly help me

what are the steps we followed while doing migrating

Are we should aware SQL Quries for migrating?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 20, 2015, 12:10 PM
CoolGuy
Nagendra,

So, you are brand new to WebFocus (starting with 8 I see), and your team needs to have you migrate reports from SSRS to a WebFocus 8 environment, right? Is there anyone else at your site that's worked with WebFocus 8, DevStudio or AppStudio before? Are you the pioneer of the bunch?

If there is another/other person/people that have experience at your site with WebFocus I would get with them to help you learn the ropes. If not, you've got quite the task ahead of you. Sorry to say that.

I would begin learning how to create reports with IBI's AppStudio product if you have a license for such. You will have to set the environment up first before you begin developing reports though. Then once you get a hang of creating stuff in WebFocus, you will be better prepped to convert SSRS reports to such.

Look on IBI's website for demo projects and WebFocus 8 documentation to help. Also, you may consider taking courses from IBI to help jump start you. That's in their education portion of their site.

August 21, 2015, 05:00 AM
Nagendra
CoolGuy,

Many thanks for your suggestions and response

Q) So, you are brand new to Web Focus (starting with 8 I see), and your team needs to have you migrate reports from SSRS to a Web Focus 8 environment, right?

A) Correct

Q) Is there anyone else at your site that's worked with Web Focus 8, DevStudio or AppStudio before?

A) Yes

Q) Are you the pioneer of the bunch

A) YES

I‘m beginner into (webfocus8). Sure, I will get-up-and-go through the DOC initial. Then create a new setup into my PC (web focus) as you assumed, initially i will learn how to create reports in web focus

Kindly share me the links IBI’s website for demo projects

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 24, 2015, 10:17 AM
CoolGuy
http://www.informationbuilders.com/

Use the the menu drop-downs and search bar to find help.