Focal Point
[SOLVED] Settings Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8957099276

October 07, 2014, 03:39 PM
Max Nevill
[SOLVED] Settings Question
Hi Everyone.

I have managed to fiddle with my settings at some point and have now thoroughly annoyed myself.

1.) When I look at the code the report GUI has made, every thing is now in the form:

table.table.column_name

i.e.

TABLE FILE DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS
SUM
CNT.DST.DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.SSR_STU_ID_NUMBER AS ''
BY LOWEST DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.SSR_SES_CODE
BY LOWEST DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.SSR_PRO_CODE
BY LOWEST DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.CSEC_CRS_CODE
BY LOWEST DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.DDEF_STUDENT_COURSE_REGISTRATIONS.CSEC_SECTION_NUMBER
WHERE SSR_PRO_CODE EQ 'TRANSITIONS';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

The table names I work with can very long and it offends my eyes, but I'm not sure how to just go back to:

column_name

In my reports.

2.) When I hit the window button, I know longer see the report names instead, I see "*"

i.e. when you hit, I want to see:
Window
Tile
Cascade
Options
Report_name_1
etc

instead I see

Window
Tile
Cascade
Options
etc

Any suggestions on how to get back to the default settings? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 8.104
Windows 7 Entreprise, SP1
October 07, 2014, 05:28 PM
Francis Mariani
The option might be Dev Studio > Window > Options... > Reporting > Authoring Mode. Change Qualified fieldname to Unqualified fieldname.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 08, 2014, 04:39 PM
susannah
Amen
so that means, you'll get
SUM
CNT.DST.SSR_STU_ID_NUMBER AS ''
BY LOWEST SSR_SES_CODE
BY LOWEST SSR_PRO_CODE
BY LOWEST CSEC_CRS_CODE
BY LOWEST CSEC_SECTION_NUMBER
which you could just type in that way yourself ... and avoid all eye pain
Francis's way makes it permanent

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
October 08, 2014, 04:43 PM
Francis Mariani
"you could just type in that way yourself" - Amen to that!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 09, 2014, 09:58 AM
George Patton
I agree. The singular advantage of fully-qualified fieldnames happens when the same fieldname is used in separate databases that are being JOINed and one needs to reference a particular instance. Otherwise they are mostly a pain in the [your expression here].

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP