Focal Point
[SOLVED] Creating a report that will burst a BY field to different tabs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8977034506

June 14, 2011, 09:21 AM
Winnie
[SOLVED] Creating a report that will burst a BY field to different tabs
Hello,

Is there way that we can create a spreadsheet that will burst a BY field to different tabs in the worksheet? I see in Report Caster, I checked that Burst checkbox, but it created multiple spreadsheets of my BY field.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Winnie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3
June 14, 2011, 09:30 AM
Francis Mariani
BYTOC creates separate tabs in the same worksheet.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES AS ''
ACROSS BODYTYPE AS ''
BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK NOPRINT
BY SEATS

HEADING
"<COUNTRY"

ON TABLE PCHOLD AS REP001 FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 14, 2011, 10:05 AM
Winnie
That worked! Thanks for your help, Francis!Smiler

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3
June 14, 2011, 11:24 AM
Winnie
Hi again,

I had the report for each by field to show on different tabs when I run it in WF, but when I set it up in Report Caster and ran it, there's only 1 worksheet with all the data in there. I was looking at the the schedule in Report Caster, but I don't see anything there to change the report to show by field on separate tabs.

Thanks for your help!

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3
June 14, 2011, 11:33 PM
Francis Mariani
Unfortunately, what works in WebFOCUS Reporting Server doesn't necessarily work in WebFOCUS ReportCaster. It's very annoying.

I am a bit surprised that it doesn't work, but then I shouldn't be.

I would try a RC schedule with the simple example I provided. If that works, there could be something else causing the problem.

Also, you don't mention the version of WF (please put it in your profile), if it's an older version, that could be the issue as well.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 15, 2011, 08:54 AM
Winnie
Hi Francis,

Thanks for the response. I actually did try to schedule a Report Caster job for the example you gave me, but it also gave me the same result where all COUNTRIES show in the same worksheet...

The WF version I'm using is 7.6.8.

Thanks!

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3
June 15, 2011, 09:50 AM
Winnie
Hi Francis,

I found a solution to my problem with Report Caster. Instead of the commented code below, I added COMPOUND statement before the BYTOC. It works!

-*ON TABLE PCHOLD AS UNKNOWNTEMPSFORREGION FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND BYTOC

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3
June 15, 2011, 10:55 AM
Francis Mariani
That's really handy to know - glad you found a solution!

Francis