Focal Point
Network Authorisation Prompt when viewing ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8981004791

November 20, 2006, 10:06 AM
hammo1j
Network Authorisation Prompt when viewing ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
A user today phoned me to say that Dashboard was asking him for a name and a password even though he had authenticated already through the login screen.

It says that it is downloading the URL, and then a Windows authentication box appears. I am not sure whether this is for Oracle (wf auth through this), Windows or is the Cisco product that requires a userid and password to access the external internet.

This behaviour does not occur on other pcs, only this user. HTML and PDF formats when requested by this user do not need reauthenticating. If the user just enters 'Cancel' he is able to view the .XHT file returned.

the URL was

wf_client_name/ibi_apps/WFServlet?PG_REQTYPE=REDIRECT&PG_MRsaved=false&PG_Func=GETBINARY&PG_File=psafhana.xht

Case 21702027 on the help line seems similar suggesting that Win Explorer is not set up correctly.

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/21702027.html

Solution:
The folder options are incorrect on the Windows machine. In Windows Explorer,
from the "tools" menu, select "Folder Options" followed by the "View" tab.
Ensure the "Managing pairs of web pages and folders" is set to the following:
"Show both parts but manage as a single file"

I have looked in Windows explorer (Win2k) and there is nothing like this even I log on with domadmin privs.

Any one seen this before or got any ideas?

Best regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
November 20, 2006, 10:21 AM
Francis Mariani
The setting is there in Windows XP (and most likely in Windows 2000). You are looking at the Windows Explorer and not Internet Explorer?

Take a look at this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Windows200...roch09.mspx?mfr=true

Look for "Setting Folder Options".

Try the setting as suggested by IBI, I'm not sure if that will solve the issue.

Also, take a look at the Security settings of Internet Explorer (Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab. Compare the settings between two users.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 22, 2006, 03:49 AM
hammo1j
Thanks Francis

Got a mate to check on his XP system and he says the setting that IB describes is present on XP, but not 2000.

He says that the setting probably exists in 2000, but as a registry key setting that was not accessible by a user.

Does anyone know what reg key setting this might be or how to find out?

Regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo