Focal Point
[CLOSED] Business Intelligence Dashboards or Portals

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9017012076

April 17, 2014, 12:31 PM
dclq63
[CLOSED] Business Intelligence Dashboards or Portals
Hello all,

I am completely new to all of WebFocus. I have only been working with it for 4 months, and I am having some issues.

I began building Portals by creating different fex files within Dev Studio and launching them with parameters in one html. It runs slowly, but looks beautiful.

Then, I was advised to put the fex files within the html and only put the html in the portal. This worked faster, but not as pretty because it does not automatically launch.

Now, I am being advised to create Dashboards within the portal, where output can only be in Active html. We are having many issues with the charts in run view due to the active html, and were told that that is how the product is. Creating complex code seems to be an issue as well, since nobody is really familiar with Dashboards and Reporting Objects. It seems to be very difficult to work with, but my supervisor believes that this is the way we should be doing things.

Does anyone have any helpful advice?

Is there any knowledge of the best methods for building the Business Intelligence Portals?

Thank you so much

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
April 17, 2014, 06:12 PM
Tom Flynn
April 18th Webinar - Dashboard Tips and Techniques

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
May 28, 2014, 06:29 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi dclq63,

Information on building Business Intelligence Portals can be found at:

Business Intelligence Portal

If there are specific issues or errors that you're encountering, please detail them here so that we can look into them.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn