Focal Point
[SOLVED] WebFOCUS Auto Prompting Facility?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9027003076

April 23, 2014, 01:12 PM
P-Matt
[SOLVED] WebFOCUS Auto Prompting Facility?
I recently received a new laptop and had to reinstall WF. Now when I run one of my reports in the development area I see "WebFOCUS Auto Prompting Facility" in my IE browser header. When I run the report (with all of the code to generate the SQL) nothing is returned. No report output, no SQL.
I don't remember this Auto Prompting title in the header on my old laptop.

Have I installed WF incorrectly? How can I correct this?

Thank you in advance.

PS - What is MRE? Is that an acronym for Managed Reporting Environment?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P-Matt,

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs
April 29, 2014, 08:14 AM
Ian Dalton
Check your setting for the parameter IBIF_wfdescribe for amper auto prompting for self-service reporting in the client console. Possible values are:-

OFF - Turns auto prompting off. This is the default value.

XML - The XML document describing the amper variables is displayed in the browser. This setting is used internally by the WebFOCUS tools and is recommended for debugging purposes only.

XMLRUN - Only prompts for amper variables created with -DEFAULT when there is another amper variable that does not have a value assigned and, therefore, will be prompted for.

XMLPROMPT - Prompts for amper variables created with -DEFAULT and for any other amper variable that does not have a value.

Note: Managed Reporting uses a separate variable setting, which is IBIMR_prompting.

April 29, 2014, 10:08 AM
P-Matt
Thank you for your reply. A colleague of mine determined that I needed to select the "Display Dialogue Manager commands" in the 'Run' (blue arrow) menu options.

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs