Focal Point
[CLOSED] SCHEDULING REPORTS OUT OF A RESTRICTED DOMAIN

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9037050536

December 06, 2013, 11:27 AM
cbm
[CLOSED] SCHEDULING REPORTS OUT OF A RESTRICTED DOMAIN
I am new to Webfocus and am still at the bottom of the learning curve. I have access to a restricted domain for financials and am trying to use Reportcaster to schedule a report to run for a certain area. The report runs fine when I execute it manually, but I cannot get it to produce output through the Reportcaster. I have removed all prompts and have it down to the bare bones. Any help would be welcomed!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
December 06, 2013, 01:39 PM
Doug
Did you set up the ReportCaster job with all the same credentials which were used when executing the report directly? I'm assumming here that you'r executing the report from within Dev Studio. If not, then where?
December 06, 2013, 02:00 PM
cbm
No, not from Dev Studio. I access all the domains through a dashboard. So, I right click on my focexec and select "schedule" and set the options there.

All the other focexecs that I have written run fine provided they are not in a "sensitive" or restricted domain.
December 11, 2013, 05:02 PM
susannah
cb, edit your signature so that we see what version you're on.
when you say 'through a dashboard', that's typically a term for what an end-user does.
are you using something like InfoASsist?
do you mean that you write code via 'MRE'?
by 'restricted domain', do you mean that there is a set of specified user ids that are in a user group and that group [and only that group] has access to that domain?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
December 11, 2013, 09:40 PM
cbm
Okay...I am using a Webfocus business Intelligence Dashboard, release 7.7.03. I use MRE, although I am not above using InfoAssist to get specific coding or fields for my programs. The restricted domain is one where only specified user ids may access...I think they call it a different "view" where I can see such info a tax ids, social security, etc.