Focal Point
[SOLVED] Question on changing map provider

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9037082196

May 03, 2019, 02:17 PM
Dan Brooke
[SOLVED] Question on changing map provider
Hi Focal Point,

I'm wondering where the Provider gets set on the Reporting Server > Workspace > GEO Services > Edit Configuration screen.

We have two servers, one has WFRS for the County and Zip code and the other has WFRS/ESRI for these values. The one that has WFRS/ESRI is far more accurate. I'm struggling to see where this property is set (or if there's an xml file somewhere that controls this).

I have read the IBI documentation for this screen but am still coming up empty. Any ideas out there on what I can look at next?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Brooke,

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M
May 03, 2019, 02:30 PM
BabakNYC
What version of WebFOCUS are you using?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
May 03, 2019, 03:50 PM
Dan Brooke
Production (which is set to WFRS/ESRI) is 8203M
Internal servers (which we want to change) are 8205M

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M
May 06, 2019, 09:27 AM
ESRINerd
Please change the Code Page to UTF-8 for the 8205M servers and restart the server. Also please clear the browser cache. Thanks.

Mithu Datta
May 06, 2019, 05:10 PM
Dan Brooke
Edited: I had made a mistake with the geo_services.xml and now that I've corrected this, mapping works with 8205.

Thank you for the update. The 8205 server that maps as expected has a code page of 1252 (Windows/UNIX) which matches our 8205 system. We've changed the 8205 to UTF-8, cleared cache, and restarted with no visible effect (maps still don't render the same and the provider for CITIES and POSTAL-CODE still say WFRS (not WFRS/ESRI).

I have found that the 8203 version of the geo_services.xml file is significantly longer than the 8205 version. I replaced the 8205 version with the 8203 version and the COUNTRY and POSTAL-CODE areas got a provider of WFRS/ESRI. In addition, reporting appears to behave as before.

I will make a case with IBI to ask if the change to the geo_service.xml is intentional or if this is an issue with the gen we used to install.

Thank you for the ideas!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Brooke,

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M