Focal Point
(Solved)Using -SET to Create a Parameter Prompt to Have Variables Entered to PassThru

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9047009186

April 19, 2016, 12:40 PM
Mike Williams
(Solved)Using -SET to Create a Parameter Prompt to Have Variables Entered to PassThru
Hoping I'm wording this correctly. I'm attempting to create a prompt for users that are running a procedure to enter Start and End dates to limit the results of a SQL report sent to Passthrough.

The SQL portion of the procedure runs fine with the dates hardcoded, but I wanted users to be prompted to enter their desired Start/End date range.

Added the following -SET in the procedure before the SQL Report:

-SET &FROM_DATE = &ENTER_FROM
-SET &TO_DATE = &ENTER_TO

The WHERE portion of my SQL report in the procedure is

WHERE (tablealias.date BETWEEN To_DATE(&FROM_DATE, 'DD-MM-YYYY') AND To_Date(@TO_DATE,'DD-MM-YYYY'))

I run the procedure and am prompted for the ENTER_FROM and ENTER_TO entries and enter my desired dates, but receive the following FOC error:

(FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &TO_DATE

I'm not certain why it is accepting the entry for the first -SET and not the second. I'm hoping I'm on the right track. Any assistance is very appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Williams,

WF Version 8105
April 19, 2016, 12:58 PM
Squatch
It looks like you have a typo:

WHERE (tablealias.date BETWEEN To_DATE(&FROM_DATE, 'DD-MM-YYYY') AND To_Date(@TO_DATE,'DD-MM-YYYY'))

@TO_DATE should be &TO_DATE, but there might be more to it than just that.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
April 19, 2016, 01:05 PM
Mike Williams
Ugh, thank you for catching that. Made the change, but unfortunately receiving the same error.

WF Version 8105
April 19, 2016, 01:10 PM
Tom Flynn
Hi Mike,
Need to -DEFAULTS before the -SET:

-DEFAULTS &ENTER_FROM = '', &ENTER_TO = ''

Also, Dialogue Manager statements end in a semi-colon:
-SET &FROM_DATE = &ENTER_FROM;
-SET &TO_DATE = &ENTER_TO;

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
April 19, 2016, 01:15 PM
Squatch
And try adding this line at the top of your code:

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
April 19, 2016, 02:14 PM
Mike Williams
Many thanks to everyone. Tom helped me to finalize the other FOC errors I was encountering with this. Solved.

WF Version 8105