Focal Point
How do you stop WebFocus from summarizing?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9067059236

August 21, 2013, 07:31 AM
Sam_R
How do you stop WebFocus from summarizing?
My program looks at the graduation date of a student and compares it to the completion date of each course taken. The problem is the student may have only one grad date, so this works fine for the first row. But since WebFocus summarizes, it only shows that date on the top line. Any course after that date is being compared to a blank cell, which it sees as 190012. Is there any way to force WebFocus to repeat the correct date for each row?

Dev. Studio 7.6.11
Win 7
August 21, 2013, 10:15 AM
Francis Mariani
SUM = Summarize. PRINT = No Summarize.

SET BYDISPLAY=ON

OFF
Displays a BY field value only on the first line of the report output for the sort group. OFF is the default value.

ON
Displays the associated BY field value on every line of report output produced in a styled format.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 21, 2013, 10:17 AM
Francis Mariani
If you have the default setting for BYDISPLAY (off), the cell may be blank but the internal matrix value is not. It can't be doing what you're suggestiong, comparing to "190012".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 21, 2013, 04:50 PM
Waz
Can you post your code ?

Use the code tags (Last button on the right)

This could also be related to Headings or SUBHEAD's.

The code will help

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!