Focal Point
[CLOSED] bug in conditional styling PDF with squeeze?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9067066966

March 17, 2014, 04:44 AM
Martin vK
[CLOSED] bug in conditional styling PDF with squeeze?
I have a problem in conditional styling in PDF.
In an across report I had a conditional background on certain rows, but when I used SQUEEZE=xx on the across column to limit the width this background disappeared only in the first across column not in all others.

I was able to reproduce it with a CAR example.
TABLE FILE IBISAMP/CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS MODEL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

TYPE=REPORT,    SQUEEZE=ON,     ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,  PAGESIZE='A4', $
TYPE=REPORT,    UNITS=PTS,      FONT='VERDANA', SIZE=9, $
TYPE=REPORT,    COLUMN=SALES,   SQUEEZE=50, $
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, WRAP=ON, $
TYPE=DATA,      TOPGAP=2,       BOTTOMGAP=2, $
TYPE=DATA,      STYLE=BOLD,     BACKCOLOR=RGB(225 225 225), WHEN=COUNTRY EQ 'JAPAN', $

ENDSTYLE
END

It seems to appear with certain combinations of style settings. Without the squeeze I do not have the problem. If I change the TYPE=DATA GAP line to a TYPE=REPORT GAP line I do not have the problem either.

As it only happens with the first across column it looks like a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

It happens with me in 7.7.05, what about other versions?

Martin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martin vK,

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
March 17, 2014, 05:02 AM
MichaelBalle
The across column is MODEL (not SALES):

changing the line
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=SALES, SQUEEZE=50, $
to
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=MODEL, SQUEEZE=50, $

the report works (for me).

WebFOCUS 7.6, 7.7
Windows, All Output formats
March 17, 2014, 07:52 AM
Martin vK
This way the conditional styling indeed works, but I can not size the width of the across column.

With COLUMN=MODEL, SQUEEZE=nnn I only accomplish that the column is squeezed to the maximum width of the SALES amounts. SQUEEZE=5 or 50 or 500 or just SQUEEZE=ON all give the same result.

With COLUMN=SALES, SQUEEZE=nnn I can set the desired width of the column, and with TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, WRAP=ON I can wrap the across value (column title) accordingly. But here I loose the conditional styling of the first across column.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
March 17, 2014, 10:20 AM
Francis Mariani
WebFOCUS styling is very annoying because it does not cascade and because changing the order of the style commands can have an effect, unlike CSS.

Meanwhile, this works. I have had to do this many times recently, I suspect something has changed internally and we have to live with the change.

TABLE FILE IBISAMP/CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS MODEL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

TYPE=REPORT,    SQUEEZE=ON,     ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,  PAGESIZE='A4', $
TYPE=REPORT,    UNITS=PTS,      FONT='VERDANA', SIZE=9, $
TYPE=REPORT,    COLUMN=SALES,   SQUEEZE=50, $
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, WRAP=ON, $

TYPE=DATA,      TOPGAP=2,       BOTTOMGAP=2,
WHEN=COUNTRY NE 'JAPAN', $

TYPE=DATA,      TOPGAP=2,       BOTTOMGAP=2,
STYLE=BOLD,     BACKCOLOR=RGB(225 225 225), 
WHEN=COUNTRY EQ 'JAPAN', $

ENDSTYLE
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 18, 2014, 09:01 AM
Martin vK
That is indeed a good work-around.
thanks, Martin.