Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Amperautoprompt AND does not work with a List but does with a FIND

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Amperautoprompt AND does not work with a List but does with a FIND
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Folks

The following code produces 2 outcomes under 7.6.2.

-SET &DUMMY = &ME_WE.(AND(%,ADMIN,FSU,ME,OTHER,WE)).Restrict to. ;
-SET &DUMMY = &POW.(AND(FIND PLACEOFWORK IN LSTPOW)).Place of Work. ;

The FIND correctly produces a single select list and an option to make no selection which correctly returns a FOC_NONE.

However the list produces a multi select list with an option to select all. ie the option that should have been produced with OR.

Can anyone how this code works in previous releases? Either way I am going to report it as a bug.

Anyone know a workaround?

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I made it &DUMMY1 and &DUMMY2 so the second case didn't overwrite the first and with a FILE that exists and it worked just fine.

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Gerry

I've since remembered that AND and OR are SYNONYMS in autoprompting, so, sorry, yes it does do what it says on the tin.

The problem in amperautoprompting is that we have 4 options to cater for:

Select All Option in List
                  No             Yes
Single select     (1)             (3) 
Multi Select      (2)             (4) 

And only 2 are catered for

(1) equates to .FIND(
(4) equates to either .(AND(FIND or .(OR(FIND

To cater for 3 which is very common we have to do:
FILEDEF HOLD DISK BASEAPP/HOLD.FTM (APPEND
-WRITE HOLD all

TABLE FILE ..
ON TABLE HOLD

FIND(... IN HOLD)

I looked and AND and thought logically it should cater for (3) but it doesn't which I think is a lost opportunity because the alternative is quite messy...

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post