Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Server starts in Safe mode

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Server starts in Safe mode
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi,
I was installed Webfocus 71 on my machine and when I try open the webconsole on Security ON mode, it shows me error by saying

"admin_id has no valid member" -->> Fix Now

It's not taking the userid/password that I gave on the installation.

And also when I try create the connection using DataAdapter. It accepts but when I try test it, it shows me the error

"No Free Agents available"

Note: Everything is working when I start the server with Security OFF.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kamesh,
Try going to the server admin console and under Workspace -> Access Control -> Users -> Server Administrator you can set the userid and password.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich,
That didn't work. Anyway I found the problem, that was my mistake on installation.

When you install the Webfocus server, it will ask you to give Server Password. We have to provide the password that we use to login to our Windows network. Previously I thought we can give any password.

When I reinstall the webfocus server with my windows password, it works fine.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kamesh,

When the server starts up in safe mode no agents are available because none are started due to being in safe mode. When you start the server with security off there is no validation of the admin userid and so it starts up OK along with the number of prestarted agents.

Do as Rich suggests or just click on the words Fix Now which are hyperlinked to the same place.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kamesh,

If you had done as Rich mentioned then you be doing exactly the same except without a reinstallation Smiler for that is where the password ends up!!

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post