Focal Point
[CLOSED] Reording Aggregate Columns

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9167099306

May 17, 2011, 10:26 PM
Falcor2099
[CLOSED] Reording Aggregate Columns
I'm working with a large data set that will be using various aggregate functions in WF. One of the requirements is reordering the natural listing of columns given user input -- putting a SUM field as the fourth column and three BY columns before it, etc.

What are my options for doing this other than a HOLD file?

Thanks,

AG

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.01 - Windows 7 - IE8
May 18, 2011, 09:51 AM
Francis Mariani
Look at the SEQUENCE WebFOCUS Stylesheet option.

Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Laying Out the Report Page > Arranging Columns on a Page > Changing Column Order

"You can change the order in which vertical sort (BY) columns are displayed in a report. This feature does not apply to horizontal sort (ACROSS) rows or stacked (OVER) columns."

This syntax applies to PDF, PS, HTML, and EXL2K reports.
[TYPE=REPORT,] COLUMN=identifier, SEQUENCE=sequence, $

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 18, 2011, 10:35 AM
Falcor2099
Francis,

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Would my only other option for doing this outside of SS Formatting be using a HOLD table? It's very likely that the end users will want this output in virtually every format available - having a solution that is independent of a particular output type would be therefore be the most robust approach.

Thanks again,

AG

WebFOCUS 7.7.01 - Windows 7 - IE8
May 18, 2011, 11:13 AM
Francis Mariani
Yes, I'd say that a HOLD file is probably the only other method.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 20, 2011, 09:27 AM
GamP
Since you're not re-ordering the data but just the order of the columns, you could do something like
SUM &SEQUENCE1 &SEQUENCE2 &SEQUENCE3 &SEQUENCE4
BY FIELD1 NOPRINT
BY FIELD2 NOPRINT
BY FIELD3 NOPRINT
BY FIELD4 NOPRINT
where the &SEQUENCEx variables are the fields as the user selected them. They should be the same as the FIELDx fields, only in another order.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988