Focal Point
Can't copy file from local machine to App Studio Developer

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9227033476

January 16, 2015, 03:22 PM
hainguyen
Can't copy file from local machine to App Studio Developer
I am sure I can copy files from my laptop to App Studio Developer before but suddenly, I can't do it now. I tried many times but the files didn't show in App Studio. What's going on?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs
January 20, 2015, 11:30 AM
Doug
Here's a few thoughts:

1) Please check to see if anything changed in your access rights.

2) Try to copy to a shared network drive instead of directly from your local drive.

3) Add "Windows Desktop" to your AS Explorer and try it from there.
January 20, 2015, 12:58 PM
Francis Mariani
If it's App Studio 8.0.08 then you might have to quit and restart App Studio. I think this is one of the many bugs I found...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 20, 2015, 01:31 PM
MattC
I know I couldn't find an option in App Studio 8.0.08, so I went in via the front end and uploaded my files that way into a Content Folder.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
January 20, 2015, 01:42 PM
Francis Mariani
I should have said that after copying, the files don't appear in the explorer, after quitting and restarting they do appear. I think that has something to do with the Explorer view nor getting refreshed. The symptom does depend on which area the files were copied to - reporting server, Content repository or Web Applications.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server