Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Obtain current project/app folder value in Maintain or Javascript function

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Obtain current project/app folder value in Maintain or Javascript function
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there an easy way to obtain the current app folder (or Project name) that my Maintain app is running from and either retrieve that value into a Maintain variable or retrieve it using Javascript? I've done several searches on Focal Point and on the IBI Tech Support site and have found somewhat related info but I can't quite pin down the right info or if it's possible to do.
What I would do with that value would be to assign it to IBIAPP_app in an IWCLink call to a focexec from within my Maintain app using a Javascript function. The thing is we have a dev project/app folder and a production folder for this Maintain app and I want to set IBIAPP_app depending on whether I'm running it from the dev folder during testing or running it from the production folder when it's been moved up to production. I looked at the source of my running Maintain app and saw some hiddent values, like IWCAPP, etc. but I'm not sure if any of those would contain the current app/project name. We have identically named focexecs in the Procedures folder of both the dev and prod projects/app folders but the masters in each point at a different database (dev and prod ones).

Thanks,
James

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows

Posts: 54 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This document details how to generate WebFOCUS Dialogue Manager variables from HTTP, environment and other sources.
Manipulating WebFOCUS Variables

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get the app name where a program was found.

Still looking...

Regards,

Francis.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think it should be as simple as passing the variable IBIAPP_app, but it appears not.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Problem solved. I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out.

Roll Eyes

We have been using an HTML launch page to launch the Maintain application. This launch page shows the Application name, Procedure name, client path (e.g. WFServlet, ISAPI, CGI), and execution type.

All I had to do was use IWC.GetAppCgiValue("APPLICATION") to grab the value of the APPLICATION CGI variable in my Maintain code. Then I stored that value in a hidden control on my form(s). For any IWCLink calls, I would just get the value from the hidden control in the Javascript function and assign it to IBIAPP_app and then build the URL to be used with IWCLink when calling a bunch of report focexecs.

I think I had looked at GetAppCgiValue before but I was looking at WebFOCUS variables and not CGI variables. Once I looked through the source of our HTML launch page and found the right name for our Application edit box (APPLICATION), I tested GetAppCgiValue with it and got it to work.

Anyway, IWC.GetAppCgiValue and the right CGI variable did the trick. Of course this wouldn't work if we didn't use a launch page that can provide that CGI variable. But, then again, we use an HTML launch page so that we can have a specifc URL that we can go to to run this Maintain app instead of having to actually run Dev Studio just to run the Maintain app. So it all works out in the end. Big Grin

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows

Posts: 54 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post