Focal Point
(CLOSED)WF and browser compatibility

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/923108714

April 12, 2010, 02:44 PM
DMA
(CLOSED)WF and browser compatibility
Can anyone tell me if there is any way that WF dashboards can be made to work on browsers other than IE, or is this a limitation of the Flash component?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DMA,

WebFOCUS v. 7.6.8 || Windows XP || Format Output: HTML, PDF, EXCEL
April 12, 2010, 04:16 PM
Darin Lee
Are you talking about Flex-based dashboards or the WF BID environments? The Flex-based dashboards all run in the Adobe Flash Player so any browser that supports the flash player should be fine. I know we have a lot of users that use Firefox without issues. I also know that IE 6 doesn't support the Flash Player (or at least has significant problems with it.) but later versions are OK. I don't believe that Safari supports it but I think that Chrome does. Don't know about the Apple/Mac-based browsers.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
April 13, 2010, 09:05 AM
DMA
Darin,

Our dashboard has a Flex-based piece but it's the WF BID (HTML) portion of it that does not seem to be compatible with browsers other than IE.

Denise

WebFOCUS v. 7.6.8 || Windows XP || Format Output: HTML, PDF, EXCEL
April 13, 2010, 09:15 AM
Francis Mariani
This document details browser compatibility: Web Browser Support for WebFOCUS.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server