Focal Point
[SOLVED] Append data to a shared location thru daily report caster job

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9237032526

October 17, 2012, 08:36 AM
souji
[SOLVED] Append data to a shared location thru daily report caster job
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know how to append data in a shared location by using reportcasterjob daily.
I have a hold file in unix environment and the results i have to FTP to a windows shared path

For example
For run1 i have records 1,2,3 and FTP to shared path say run1.txt

For Run2 i have records 4,5 and 4,5 has to append to today.txt.Finally for run2 i want to see 1,2,3,4,5 record appended and FTP to shared path say run2.txt and so on....

Source: Unix

Destination: Windows

Any solutions is much appretiated

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.1.4 xp html,excel,pdf
October 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
Mighty Max
Create a Report Caster job with two tasks. Task 1 FTP the file. Task 2 Execute a fex that appends the data using operating system commands.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files
October 17, 2012, 11:12 AM
Francis Mariani
Appending is easy using the APPEND keyword in the FILEDEF statement:

FILEDEF ddname DISK appname[/appnamea...]/filename [(APPEND] [LRECL n] [RECFM F]

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 22, 2012, 04:22 AM
souji
Thanks for the solution francis.So it worked fine from Windows to windows.Not from Unix to Windows.so i moved my reports to windows environment.

Thanks!

WebFocus 7.1.4 xp html,excel,pdf