Focal Point
Dashboard: Remove a link from Group view

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9261018331

December 02, 2004, 06:53 PM
George Brown
Dashboard: Remove a link from Group view
Problem:

How to prevent users from seeing all reports in a domain while using Dashboard.

Situation so far:

We have a domain called "Common Reports" which are generally run by a lot of different departments. There is one department that we want to limit to see only one of these reports.

I have created a dashboard that puts one specific report on the page for the user to run. The domain and role trees have been taken off of this page. In theory this is what we want so they can't get to the other reports in the domain. The user can still click on the "Views" button and choose "My View" which gives them access to the entire domain anyway.

So...

I need to either know how to change the "My View" layout or I need to know how to limit a person's access to a single report without creating another domain for each report which needs to be restricted.

When creating a public view you have the option to choose which links show up on the dashboard but this is not an option for the group views.

Any Ideas?
December 03, 2004, 12:30 AM
<WFUser>
What if you remove the "tree" and "views" links from the group view's personal.xml file?