Focal Point
[Closed]SQLPASS through very Stange

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9287073606

July 04, 2011, 06:37 AM
krish
[Closed]SQLPASS through very Stange
Hi All,

I am using SQLORA as a sql pass-through for a query, its taking about an hour to get 6 record output. the same query if I am running in Oracle console its giving me the same 6 records within a minute. I have included the sqltrace to double check the sql its getting passed, everything is same.

I am using three tables in the SQL two are very small tables with less than 1000 records and remaining one table is very large. But the case is same query in oracle its running within a minute

does anybody have any clue on this issue

Thanks
Krish
Unix
Oracle SQL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: krish,
July 05, 2011, 10:07 AM
DW Marker
Krish,

Not seeing the attached sqltrace. Really need to see that in order to see what query/queries oracle is getting.

WF 7.6.4
Windows XP and UNIX
July 05, 2011, 01:35 PM
MCKELPA99
I had experienced a very similar issue to this in the recent past. I was using SQLORA pass-thru as well, but I was attempting to pull about 980k records....and it was taking about 20 minutes or so to run and sometimes timing out before I tweaked the code. However, if I ran the query directly from the Oracle database, it came back in about 3 minutes.

I was using about 6 or 7 tables in the join and one of the tables was very huge. I thought this was strange as well that it runs in much less time directly from the Oracle DB.

I posted my performance issue with Oracle SQL pass-thru on the forum as well.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output
July 08, 2011, 11:40 AM
Doug
quote:
Not seeing the attached sqltrace. Really need to see that in order to see what query/queries oracle is getting.
Wink
July 11, 2011, 02:37 AM
krish
I have opened a case with IBI it seems and it got resolved. the issue was the userid used by webFOCUS is having some configureation issue were my DB Admin are working on this Thanks for you response.
July 21, 2011, 02:06 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
Krish, Good that this is sorted out. But strange, that the issue resides somewhere in previlge of physical DB layer, and had to be debugged at BI layer. Crazy.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5