Focal Point
[CLOSED] ZIIP and MVS FOCUS

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9307011036

April 11, 2013, 12:22 PM
Sandy Weller
[CLOSED] ZIIP and MVS FOCUS
I've read the white paper, looked at the few postings here and now I'm looking for someone with practical experience on a ZIIP enabled system.

Besides making sure Libraries are authorized and that code lives in the right libraries what else matters. It looks like IBI and WORKLOAD Manager handle everything else or did I miss something?

For all I know I've been working on them and didn't know.

Thanks,

Sandy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sandy Weller,
April 15, 2013, 04:48 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Sandy,

I don't have any practical experience on a zIIP enabled system, but I can provide some background for you to determine if FOCUS
for Mainframe is utilizing the zIIP processors in your environment.

FOCUS for Mainframe release 7.6.10 is the first release where FOCUS can offload to a zIIP processor. The Work Load Manager (WLM) determines processor utilization priority overall as well as for use of zIIP. zIIP enablement for FOCUS for Mainframe is activated by a site code-specific key contained in an FLICENSE file. This file replaces the FLICENSE file which ships with the product. The default for zIIP enablement is off.

Regards,

Kathryn
May 01, 2013, 10:16 AM
Sandy Weller
Kathryn,

Thank you for the reply. What I really needed was a comment from someone with experience running FOCUS in a zIIP enabled system.

Of course it does not matter anymore since the recruiter never got back to me after their initial contact.