Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dev Studio - Document Composer - foc3315 error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9317069666

January 27, 2014, 10:51 AM
Francis Mariani
[CLOSED] Dev Studio - Document Composer - foc3315 error

(FOC3315) IMAGE FILE NOT FOUND: perf_heading_notes.jpg
(FOC3296) Error found in Coordinated Compound Report: At Component report21

Nothing is simple when it comes to Dev Studio GUI tools. I get this error intermittently - it sometimes occurs and sometimes generates the report. I thoroughly tested in Dev, then moved all the code to our QA environment. The one difference between these environments is that Dev is a single reporting server, while QA is a cluster of three servers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 27, 2014, 01:37 PM
j.gross
quote:
QA is a cluster of three servers.

Been there. I suggest you control for that, by testing directly against each of the 3 underlying servers.
January 27, 2014, 02:20 PM
Francis Mariani
If you mean running the fex via a URL that specifies the server - I tried that on each and it made no difference. I'm about to put the image on the reporting servers and edit the Doc Composer fex to point to that.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 27, 2014, 02:50 PM
Francis Mariani
Here’s something:

I copied the two images used in the Document Composer fex (which is in MRE) to an app folder on the reporting server(s). Then I opened the fex in the GUI and pointed to the images on the reporting server. I took a look at the code and changing the image source did not change the code – it stayed

OBJECT=IMAGE, NAME='image1', IMAGE=logo-small.jpg...

I’ve run the report several times and it worked every time – no fails.

I guess I can assume that if images are embedded in a Doc Composer fex, put them on the reporting server(s) (maybe leave them in MRE as well)...

Francis

January 28, 2014, 12:00 PM
Francis Mariani
My guess is that there's a loophole in the GUI that allows you to point to an image in MRE, but actually requires the image to be in an app folder on the reporting server.

Francis