Focal Point
Bookmarks in PDF [Closed]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9357058506

June 22, 2011, 02:18 PM
redapple
Bookmarks in PDF [Closed]
Hi All,

I searched through help and Focal Point, trying to determine if bookmarks can be added to a report with PDF output.

So far, I found nothing in help, and one post in Focal Point dating to 2005.

Is this possible? If so, can someone point me to the documentation?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redapple,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Developer Studio on Windows XP. Server Components running on Windows Server 2003.
Excel, HTML, PDF
June 22, 2011, 02:46 PM
Prarie
Is this what you want?
June 22, 2011, 03:06 PM
Francis Mariani
It would certainly be useful to create bookmarks for a non-compound PDF report, but that doesn't appears to be possible.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 22, 2011, 03:33 PM
redapple
Francis and Prarie, thanks for you quick responses.

Francis, I was hoping bookmarking would be available in a simple PDF.

Prarie, I was hoping to find a simple navigation method. We have 120 buildings, and I was hoping to provide a simple way for my users to get to building 73.

Thanks to you both for your help!

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Developer Studio on Windows XP. Server Components running on Windows Server 2003.
Excel, HTML, PDF
June 22, 2011, 03:54 PM
Francis Mariani
In theory, you could use the explanation in the link Prarie provided to create a fex that generates a compound report with bookmarks via a Dialogue Manager loop to create individual PDF reports for each building...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server