Focal Point
simultanious execution

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9361005042

August 06, 2007, 12:04 PM
<Edgare>
simultanious execution
Is there a way to execute several steps at once?
here is a extract of sample code ...

TABLEF FILE POS00
PRINT POS00_CLAIM_ID
POS06_POT_CODE
ON TABLE HOLD AS x FORMAT FOCUS
END

TABLEF FILE PDE00
PRINT PDE00_CLAIM_ID
PDE06_POT_CODE
ON TABLE HOLD AS y FORMAT FOCUS
END

Any way to execute all this at once?
August 08, 2007, 09:47 AM
jgelona
FOCUS is not multi-threaded (which would be a cool new feature), however, you can by putting each TABLEF in a separate .fex. Then create 2 Report Caster jobs that start at the same time. As long as there are agents available, both should run at the same time.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
August 08, 2007, 03:19 PM
GCohen
The way to do this is in Developer Studio; go to
the Layout Painter and outline where the first
report goes, then select Reference report, and reference the first report,
then outline where second report goes, and select Reference report and name the second
report. At execution time you refer to the
HTML form, and when it comes up it will issue
two tasks to the Report Server, and these will
run in parallel.

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML
August 08, 2007, 03:36 PM
Francis Mariani
I believe there's no Developer Studio or Report Caster on "Plain VMS Focus 6.9.8".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 09, 2007, 09:41 AM
jgelona
We harp and complain about lack of release and platform then when it is provided, I don't see it. Sorry about that.

Anyway, one can still do what I suggested. Instead of using RC, just use the VMS scheduler to run these as batch jobs. You still have to make sure each job has it own temp folder. We do this with Linux all the time.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.