Focal Point
[CLOSED] Mobile look

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9367059476

March 03, 2015, 11:54 AM
Egon
[CLOSED] Mobile look
Currently, all of the HTML pages I have created, when opened either in chrome or safari on a mac, will get the following question:

Mobile look?

I've disabled mobile look in the properties for the html page in app studio yet this question still pops up.

The question does not show up on any browser for Windows.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a way to solve this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus App Studio 8.1.0.5, Windows 7 64bit.
March 03, 2015, 12:32 PM
Ron Dodson
I use notepad++ and search for "mobile"

I then delete there references:
var is_mobile="false";
mobiledocument="no"

Even though they are set to "false"and "no" I keep getting the prompts. When I delete them, they work as expected.

WebFOCUS 8008
Windows, All Outputs
March 03, 2015, 03:00 PM
Egon
That solved it thank you! I now get the manually modified warning when editing, but that's worth it. Better for me to have a question as a developer than the end user every time they run it.

Thank you Ron.

March 03, 2015, 03:07 PM
Francis Mariani
The question now is, what does the "Mobile look" look like?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 03, 2015, 03:19 PM
Egon
Francis, it's loading the web version for mobile devices now, no question asked.

Which in my situation does not matter as what I built didn't work in the mobile version to begin with.

My assumption is that IBI will have to fix this issue. As far as I can tell their code is detecting MAC OS X as a mobile operating system instead of a desktop operating system.

March 06, 2015, 05:54 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
There is a patch for this issue. To obtain it, please open a case on InfoResponse Online.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn