Focal Point
[SOLVED] - Only one of five reports on HTML page run when I select Excel as output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9467010786

June 19, 2017, 11:40 AM
RC@WB
[SOLVED] - Only one of five reports on HTML page run when I select Excel as output
I've Created an HTML page with 5 .fex files in 5 IFRAMEs and a Radio Button to select the output format (HTML, XLSX, or CSV) as below, but when I select Excel as output only the .fex file that is listed first under Tasks & Animation, Requests/Actions is produced, the other 4 don't seem to run....works fine when I chose HTML or CSV

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(,,).

Using App Studio's HTML composer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RC@WB,

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
June 19, 2017, 11:49 AM
MartinY
To include more than one report in Excel you need to use the COMPOUND feature, the BYTOC feature, the OPEN NOBREAK / CLOSE technique or an Excel template depending on the Excel version used.

Otherwise Excel will only include the first report.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
June 19, 2017, 01:26 PM
RC@WB
Thanks Martin

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
June 19, 2017, 03:15 PM
MartinY
quote:
I've Created an HTML page with 5 .fex files in 5 IFRAMEs and a Radio Button to select the output format

You can't have a HTML page with more than one report (5 IFrame) where all the 5 frames will be exported in one Excel in a easy way.

What I think you should do is to have a special process when Excel is selected where you will build your Excel report using one of the previous suggestion.
In other words you will have a fex that will process/call the 5 reports and build an Excel using either BYTOC/COMPOUND, OPEN NOBREAK/CLOSE, Excel template... I can't tell exactly which way you will need.
It will depend on data source, included data, relation between "reports", ... I don't have all the requirements and your data knowledge.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
June 19, 2017, 04:07 PM
RC@WB
I understand, that makes sense. Great help Martin, thanks again

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
June 20, 2017, 07:29 AM
MartinY
Edit your first post then in the subject at the beginning add [SOLVED]

In Focus since 2007