Focal Point
Off-topic: ITtoolbox

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9481097331

August 26, 2004, 04:14 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Off-topic: ITtoolbox
Hello,

Sorry to bring this up here, but is anyone in FocalPoint also subscribed to ITtoolbox?

If so, what do you think of it? I think it has an awful interface.

I just tried to post a response to a question and I got the following message:

quote:

postEmail:
postSubject: RE: FOCSORT error
postBody: The problem may be with the default space allocated to dd focsort. I've added this to my JCL: //FOCSORT DD SPACE=(TRK,(100,100)) or this inside my fex: TSO ALLOC FI(FOCSORT) SP(1000,100) TRACKS REU
FAIL
554 No valid recipients
What's up with this?

Hooray for FocalPoint! If I could get a message through to ITtoolbox, I'd probably tell them to join FocalPoint instead.

Cheers,

Pietro.
August 26, 2004, 04:22 PM
Leah
Pietro,

I just posted a message to the same one you did and it didn't come back yet anyway. The biggest issue is you have to do a reply to the message and don't change the subject or they bounce it back.

Both have their uses. One person I talked to thinks our forum is to busy. But I enyoy it and it seems to have more meaty content.

I guess it's a preference issue.
August 26, 2004, 05:22 PM
susannah
its interesting to see what problems other people are having, with BO/Crystal, for example; and to see the general level of question posed by users of other products. it predates fp, but Monte will be tickled by your enthus. applause.
August 26, 2004, 05:49 PM
<monte2000>
"Tickled" is an understatement! Pietro, when can I meet you in-person and shower you with Focal Point t-shirts?

Seriously though, Focal Point would be NOTHING without great members like you, Susannah and Leah. Cheers to all!

MMc
Big Grin
August 26, 2004, 06:00 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
There are T-shirts? I'd love a T-shirt!
August 26, 2004, 06:43 PM
Leah
Would be nice to add to the collection. A new T shirt.

Leah Cross
August 26, 2004, 06:53 PM
<monte2000>
Pietro/Leah. It'd be my pleasure. I just checked my stock and I need to get some printed up. I will be contacting you both shortly to get addresses.
Cool
August 26, 2004, 07:06 PM
Chris Boylan
There are T-shirts? Did I miss a memo?

-CB
August 26, 2004, 07:37 PM
Vivian
Wait!! T-Shirts??? I wanna T-shirt too.

Thanks in advance,
Vivian
August 26, 2004, 07:38 PM
David Sibert
I would like to have a T-Shirt also. Frowner
August 26, 2004, 07:47 PM
<monte2000>
Uh oh...seems I got myself in some BIG, i.e., XXL, trouble. T-shirts are only passed out at the Focal Point events, folks! Let me see what I can scrounge up. In the meantime, enough about t-shirts and back to our primary interest - WEBFOCUS. (If you still want to continue the t-shirt discussion, please take it offline and private message me so that we don't fill up subscribers mailboxes.) Thanks, M

P.S. Um, Chris, no t-shirts available for IBIers. Instead, you get my undying appreciation ...which is better than a t-shirt, right? Roll Eyes
August 26, 2004, 08:46 PM
susannah
oh this is much more fun than work
You'll be bringing tshirts to the IBI FUN FUSE in Ct next month, right???????
August 26, 2004, 08:54 PM
<monte2000>
Now, now Susannah - I already gave you a t-shirt at Summit. Although the truth is you certainly deserve a whole wardrobe of Focal Point apparel (even though you probably don't need it given your current employer). Wink
August 27, 2004, 07:38 PM
<Vipul>
Though T-Shirts will be a nice bonus but the great thing here is the wealth of knowledge and helpfulness of the gurus around.

Vipul
September 03, 2004, 05:07 PM
Chris Boylan
quote:
Originally posted by Pietro De Santis:
[qb] Hello,

I just tried to post a response to a question and I got the following message:

quote:

postEmail:
postSubject: RE: FOCSORT error
postBody: The problem may be with the default space allocated to dd focsort. I've added this to my JCL: //FOCSORT DD SPACE=(TRK,(100,100)) or this inside my fex: TSO ALLOC FI(FOCSORT) SP(1000,100) TRACKS REU
FAIL
554 No valid recipients
What's up with this?

[/qb]
FYI, I heard back from the IT Toolbox folks, and this was a temporary glitch caused by a server upgrade. Everything should be back to normal there now. Of course, we have no problem with you continuing to ask your questions here instead. Smiler

Regards,

-Chris