Focal Point
Developer license

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9491088932

August 02, 2007, 09:33 AM
Donald
Developer license
My company is in the process of hiring a WebFOCUS contractor and we would like some licensing clarification. We are currently using the three developer studio licenses that we purchased but we still have 5 managed reporting developer licenses. Would one of those suffice for a contractor to come in and develop reports or modify a dashboard?

Prod: WebFocus 7.7.3 Win 2003
Dev: WebFocus 7.7.3 Win 2003
August 02, 2007, 09:46 AM
TexasStingray
I general the best and only recommended way to get licensing information is thru IBI. I will say that an MRE Developer does not have the necessary role to administor a dashboard.

Scott

What limitations would he have from a developer side?

Prod: WebFocus 7.7.3 Win 2003
Dev: WebFocus 7.7.3 Win 2003
Donald, you just set up your contract developer as an MRE user of 'admin' class, with admin rights to all the domains. And you're good to go. An admin user can log in to dashboard as well. Any doubts at all, best to just contact your local sales office. but you should be just fine.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
The role of user that you are allowed to assign is defined by your license aggreement. Say you purchased 5 administrator licenses and 3 developer and 7 analical and 100 cus(general user) then you only have that # of roles to work with you cannot assign everyone a admin role without violating you MLA.

Scott