Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Maintain - Retrieve Date Value from Textbox.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Maintain - Retrieve Date Value from Textbox.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have a maintain screen called Add Project in which user can enter project details.
One such column in the table is Effective Date which is in format MDYY. Now when I am trying to assign the textbox value to the stack, it gives me error "(FOC03606) Incompatible types A0 and MDYY."

I am using below code to extract the value
Compute FieldName = "EffDateEditBox" ;
Compute EffDateValue = IWC.GetAppCGIValue (FieldName);  

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.7.03
Windows XP
Excel, PDF, HTML, APDF, AHTML, Maintain

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I found the solution
Thanks!!

Webfocus 7.7.03
Windows XP
Excel, PDF, HTML, APDF, AHTML, Maintain

Master
posted Hide Post
Is your application non-persistent? If not, then you do not need to use:
Compute EffDateValue = IWC.GetAppCGIValue (FieldName);
To get the value from the form. You can just put EffDateValue on your form and then that field will contain the value when the user enters it.

You can do that with stack and field values. If for some reason you need to use the code you have then try retrieving the value into a small alpha and then do the conversion:

Compute FieldName = "EffDateEditBox" ;
Compute tdate/a12= IWC.GetAppCGIValue (FieldName);
Compute EffDateValue = tdate;

Maintain can handle many format conversions without any problem, but an A0 to a date may be more than it can do.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post