Focal Point
sortable columns

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/953103932

September 14, 2009, 04:53 PM
dev532
sortable columns
Hi,

Is there a feature in Webfocus 7.1 to make columns sortable so that when a column title is clicked, the column should be sorted in ascending and descending order alternatively.

I am looking at Javascript sorttable option but to use this feature, a HTML table has to be generated and tagged with a 'class' attribute. Since I will be using -HTMLFORM on a !IBI.FIL.HOLD , I am not sure where to use the 'class' attribute.

Thanks.

WF 7.1.1, WF Developer studio 7.1.1, Windows & Mainframe, HTML
September 14, 2009, 05:25 PM
GinnyJakes
There are a lot of focexecs in the New Century Demo that do that. Program ibinccen/saleprft.fex is one of them. If the demo is installed at your site (or you can find it on your desktop if you have Developer Studio installed), the link is http://your_webserver/approot/ibinccen/default.htm

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
September 14, 2009, 06:28 PM
Darin Lee
The easiest way is using an Active HTML output and it's delivered as part of the output. Another way we have used is to add a drilldown to the column title or up/down arrow graphic which re-runs the report passing a BY HIGHEST parameter.

You've got lots of options - just a matter of balancing ease of use, resource requirements, knowledge base, available technologies, etc.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
September 15, 2009, 04:40 AM
GamP
The upside of using active html for this request is that it will be done entirely on the client workstation. No interaction with the server any moer, which is the case int he other scenarios.
The downside is that active html output is a license product, you have to pay for it to make it work.
The choice is yours ....

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
September 15, 2009, 02:19 PM
dev532
Hi Gamp,

Active HTML report -

How do I get rid off the page statistics that it displays at the very top.
Such as this one-
30 of 30 records (100%), Page 1 of 2 ►|►►

Also, I wouldn't need a separate license to use Active HTML report if I own a licensed copy of WebFocus, right?

Thanks.

September 15, 2009, 03:01 PM
GinnyJakes
I don't think you can get rid of the stats. However, you can choose to put them on the bottom instead of the top.

Even if you own a copy of WebFOCUS, Active Reports is an additional license.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
September 15, 2009, 04:16 PM
dev532
I am okay with the stats at the top.

I am unable to control the spacing between columns though. The regular SET SPACES, SQUEEZE,WRAP and other options don't seem to have any effect on the Active Reports.

I could get around that by using a Defined field (with whitespace character) and with no Column Title but it still displays the Down Arrow thing for the columns.

All I need is spaces between columns.

Any ideas?

Thanks!