Focal Point
Rcaster Compound Report Bursting Formats

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9571009852

November 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
KenWGNA
Rcaster Compound Report Bursting Formats
Does anyone know what formats are supported for compound reports in 7.6.x when using RCaster and Burst Report Distribution?

I am looking to burst distribute an exl2k report using rcaster. thanks

Ken
November 28, 2007, 10:03 AM
FrankDutch
That function is available in 7.1.3 so I suppose also in 7.6.x

If you use the GUI from RC you can select the format of reporting, one is excel.

BTW please update your signature so we can see what platform and version you use.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

November 29, 2007, 08:47 AM
linus
We do not use RC, but were talking about purchasing it this coming year. But in a post a few months back someone stated that you could not burst compund excel reports in WF releases prior to 7.6, we are on 7.1.4 and all of our reports are compund reports in excel format. We decided not to budget for RC since we couldn't use the burst function on our reports. This is disheartening if the previous post was incorrect. Which statement is true? Does it work with versions prior to 7.6?

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF
November 29, 2007, 09:12 AM
FrankDutch
It works for us with single excel reports.

We have no experience with compound excel reports. (do you mean compound excel reports, reports with more than one worksheet?)

I think however this can better be answerd by a sales or technical support person from IBI.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

November 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
KenWGNA
It has been our experience that Rcaster will not support compound report distribution in burst mode. We will be upgrading from 7.1 to 7.6 this week. We are in the assumption that this will correct that problem but I am still unsure of which formats this will allow. The help docs seems to suggest only pdf. So I will have to wait and test next week. thx
k
November 29, 2007, 01:47 PM
linus
I'm refering to compound excel reports which end up with a minimum of three worksheets per report. We currently use javamail to send the report out. Someone else put the javamail code in place so I can't adivse on how to incorporate it, but I wrap it in WF looping to handle mutliple email addresses. It's working great for us.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF