Focal Point
Flex - No Display when embedding SWF into PDF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/966106003

November 23, 2009, 04:14 PM
FlexProgrammer
Flex - No Display when embedding SWF into PDF
I am doing something really similar to OscarGala's post, but kept getting 'bad value in stylesheet file at line 6: image-format=swf'

Originally with the above, I was running, 7.67, XP, Adobe Flex 3.0, Apache Tomcat, Oracle 10x.

But after downloading the meek-sized documentation of only 9 pages from IBI, I was able to resolve the above error. That's because 7.67 was not recognizing the new command available in 7.69.

So I updgraded to 7.69, and all is well with the above error, but now I am not getting any display in my pdf. It sets up the placement for the swf, but does not embed the swf.

Again, have the technical memo put out by ibi for this, and others at this location have done the same successfully, but mine is not. I cannot get theirs' to work either.

What are some key things I need to look for so my swf embeds properly. I am on a time crunch, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Christopher, OKC

7.69, XP, Adobe Flex 3.0, Apache Tomcat, Oracle 10x

7.69, XP, Adobe Flex 3.0, Apache Tomcat, Oracle 10x,
November 25, 2009, 11:19 AM
IBSupport
Hi FlexProgrammer.
Can you explain in better detail exactly what you are trying to do? Based on whats posted it could be anything, i.e. no Flash player, the report is not running, or the active PDF is incorrect.
Also, I'm not sure which tech memo you are referring to but, here is the link for the active technologies doc:

Active Technologies User's Guide 7.6.10

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6