Focal Point
ReportCaster Distribution and BOTDEST Table

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9701048082

April 17, 2008, 10:05 AM
slim007
ReportCaster Distribution and BOTDEST Table
I need to know what the correlation is between the email distribution list in report caster and the email addresses listed in the botdest table. We have a web page that allows users to enter the burst values and email address (for distribution) that get inserted into the botdest table. The fex report that is generated, gets scheduled in reportcaster. I want to know if it is necessary to manually enter the email addresses into reportcaster when it is already in the botdest table. How does this work?

Thanks.

UNIX
Excel, PDF, HTML
April 17, 2008, 02:48 PM
N.Selph
BOTDEST is where Report Caster stores the email addresses in distribution lists. So if the addresses are put there by something else, they are "in" report caster.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)
April 18, 2008, 10:42 AM
slim007
Do you know if there is any way to filter a report using a where clause in my fex that gets scheduled? I want to be able to filter on a range of values.

Thanks!

UNIX
Excel, PDF, HTML
April 18, 2008, 11:23 AM
Darin Lee
Don't know if this is related to your first question or not. And I'm not quite sure what the second question is. Report Caster runs the fex that is scheduled. If there is a WHERE clause in the fex, the data is filtered. If not, there is nothing else in RC that lets you add additional filters.

One way around this (there is always a way around things) that I frequently use when a job is run both on-demand and through RC is the following. I add an additional parm called &RCRUN and use -DEFAULT &RCRUN='N' in the fex.
By default, all the code, WHEREs, etc. that will be used ONLY by RC are skipped, branched around, an so on by testing the &RCRUN parm. Then when I set up the job in RC, I add the parameter value of 'Y' to the RCRUN &var under the advanced tab, along with any additional values or ranges of values to be used.
If it is run in RC, it uses additional filters. If not in RC, it does not use them.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
April 21, 2008, 10:16 AM
slim007
Thanks Darin. I will give it a shot. Thanks for you help.

UNIX
Excel, PDF, HTML
April 21, 2008, 11:19 AM
Tony A
quote:
-DEFAULT &RCRUN='N'
Darin,

You could always use -SET &var = IF &DSTSCHEDID.EXISTS EQ 0 THEN 'N' ELSE 'Y' ;

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2